Monday, August 4, 2008

Hello World!

Thanks to my wonderful, fantabulous, tech-savvy husband we have actually had a blog site since Christmas time.  I know, I know....most of you are thinking "But Aubrey, I didn't hear about your blog until recently."  Ah yes, and the reason is because I was completely stuck as to how to start our blog.  Have any of you ever had a brain fart?  Well I think I may have had a blog fart.  I had the hardest time knowing how to start, what would be interesting to people who may view it, and so on.

But very recently I had this very freeing experience that I am about to share with you all.  I have been taking a bunch of technology classes in order to update my skills (so my tech-savvy husband won't laugh at me) and in order to qualify for a lane change in my school district (in public school speak that means I make more money yahoo).   Our teacher was going over blogs and once again I had this pang of guilt knowing I wanted to start ours but didn't know how when he said seven beautiful words, "Most blogs have an audience of one."  All the sudden I realized that for the most part I'm going to be writing this for me and hopefully if others join in they'll enjoy little snippets of our lives too.

That being said I really hope those we like and love will tune in every once in a while.  We'll try to keep it interesting and I'll try not to only talk about my students at school (those who know me well know I like to tell funny stories about my students.)  Anyway, stay tuned for future postings!

Love to you all,

the Johnsons

3 comments:

  1. Yea for getting your blog started. I think it would be great if your blog was full of stories about your students. That would be worth the read every time. Way to join the tech-savvy people who love to write for themselves!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aubs! I'm so glad you finally started your blog. I loved the "Big Announcement" email you sent letting us know. :) I look forward to seeing all the fun things you and Aaron are up to. We miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have a blog too!!! It's www.wagoners.blogspot.com so come check us out too. My hubby does most of the talking on it, although I do write on it occasionally, I just don't have the gift of gab quite like he does. But he, being tech savvy too, has put alot of pictures on there too so it has been alot of fun. I'll hook you up to my google reader account and then anytime you write something I'll know it and read it.

    Love and Hugs!! Sharon

    ReplyDelete