- What’s the best gift you have ever received? How about the worst? The best gift I've ever received is from my husband. The Christmas we were dating he made me (with help from his mom) this wonderful fleece blanket. He said it was so I could feel like I had his arms wrapped around me at night. So even when he wasn't around I could feel like I was getting a hug from him. Yes, I know so cheesy but very cute. As to the worst...I honestly don't think I've ever received a bad gift. At least not one I can remember.
- What is your favorite Christmas movie moment? Ok, so I love It's a Wonderful Life but I would have to say my favorite scene is when George grabs Mary, starts to shake her and gives her this really awkward, really hard old-timey kiss. I love old movies because you can tell their version of romance was a little different. And then off course the "lasso the moon" comment that George makes...it's so cheesy. It's just classic.
- Do you believe in Santa? If not, who convinced you that he’s not real? Alright I'm going to give the genius answer my mom gave me when I was little and had heard rumors on the school bus that Santa wasn't real. "Of course I believe in Santa. The spirit of Santa Claus is alive and well all around us". Of course I had no idea what she meant by the "Spirit of Santa" but that was good enough for me as a seven year old.
- What is your happiest Christmas memory? Waiting for snow every year. I can remember waking up every morning in December and pressing my face against the window to see if it snowed.
- Describe an ornament that has special significance to you. It hangs on my mom's Christmas tree but I still love it. A family friend gave me a little golden cat ornament with my name engraved on it. I must have been six or seven when she gave it to me and I felt so special.
- What famous person would you most like to encounter under the mistletoe? Ummm....Josh Groban. But only so he could sing me a Christmas song! I promise Aaron!
- When it comes to decorations, are you a Griswald or a Grinch? What the heck is a Griswald???? Am I just Christmas stupid. Since I don't know what a Griswald is I'll have to say I'm like the Grinch post heart explosion when he returns everything to Whoville
- Have you had any traumatic Christmas-related experiences? There was one incident involving my brother and a snow shovel. We were having a monster snowball fight and purely by accident I ended up taking a snow shovel to the head. I wasn't really all that freaked out until the paramedics asked me my birthday and I couldn't remember it but I knew I should remember it. Anyway, I got to take my first ambulance ride and get some cool stitches so it wasn't all bad.
- What would be an appropriate gag gift for most of your friends? This is a dumb question I plead the fifth.
- Would you rather be a partridge in a pear tree or a lord a-leaping and why? Um definately a lord-a-leaping. Seems like sitting in a pear tree would be pretty boring and you'd miss out on all the Christmas fun. Plus, I bet the Lords-a-leaping have better costume.
- When do you open gifts? Growing up we always opened presents the moment my mom stopped finding ways to delay us. She always had a pretty good list to...."Did you brush your teeth?" "Have you eaten breakfast?" "Have you written your 10 page essay on how to end word hunger?"
- What is your best Christmas memory? Honestly my best Christmas memories have been when my mom would have us do service projects. Even though as a kid I was still pretty focused on presents I honestly can't tell you about anything I remember getting but I sure remember the service projects we did. THANKS MOM!
Monday, December 8, 2008
The twelve questions of Christmas
Isn't this great! I've decided to post a cheesy Christmas survey before I post about Thanksgiving. I love this time of year. And because I'm in a particularly obnoxious Christmas mood I tag Sarah Beck, Sushi, and Traci...mostly because I want to know how they would answer the questions!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I thought there were suppose to be 12 questions. Where are the last two? Still a very fun survey and I love Christmas too!
ReplyDeleteNot that you'll see this because it's like a year and a half later, but the Griswalds are from National Lampoon's Christmas vacation and they get a little too much in the holiday spirit with their decorations.
ReplyDelete